Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You Just Wait...

Just so you know, if you have uttered the words in the title of this blog (or some variant thereof) to a pregnant lady, chances are she was thinking of giving you a good throat punch. Well, I guess that is unfair of me to try and speak for all pregnant ladies, so let's just say that this pregnant lady sees several shades of red when people say this to her.

If you ask me how I am or how I am feeling (in regards to the pregnancy) and I tell you that I'm tired and/or achy, I don't need to hear you telling me how I "don't know what tired is" and "you just wait til that baby gets here."

Yes, I am very well aware that having a baby will forever change our life and there will be little sleep for the first few weeks (possibly months). However, it doesn't change the fact that I'm tired NOW.

I think it also irks me b/c people always say "you just wait" to tell us how miserable we will be. Why the negativity? If you don't have anything to give me but your know-it-all negative attitude, just keep it to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment