Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's a Papaya! (And Belly Progress Pictures)

So, from now on the fruit pictures start covering months instead of week by week. The little parasite will be a papaya from now until week 25.

Papayas remind me of our honeymoon in Mexico. One day after we had been drinking at the pool bar a bit we went back to the room to change for dinner. Grant was pretty tipsy and when the maid came by she had a papaya on her cart. Grant pointed at it and asked her what it was. She didn't speak much English, but she said papaya. Grant held out his hand and was like, "Cool! Can I have it." The maid looked at him for a few seconds and then gave it to him. Grant was very excited about this papaya.

Now, the hotel was not going around passing out papayas to their guests; it was pretty clear to me that Grant just took this poor lady's papaya. Grant also realized this later after he had sobered up and he felt really bad about taking it from her.

He never even ate it! It just sat in our hotel room and went bad. Then, he didn't want to throw it away in the trashcan in our room b/c he didn't want her to see that he never ate it! We ended up taking it down to the pool area and throwing it away in a trashcan there.

Anywho, on to the baby!

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and his momma's voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

Here is a belly comparison. My belly is much rounder than it was at 18 weeks, but I still think I could just be mistaken as fat if you didn't know me.


And here is a bare belly shot for all you weirdos who want to see that type of thing. This is the first one I have taken b/c back at 6 weeks I felt too "fat" for that type of thing. Looking back at my 6 week picture that just makes me laugh.



How far along? 22 weeks!


Weight Loss/Gain? +1.4 pounds


Maternity Clothes? Yes, though I'm tempted to see if I can still pull on my regular people jeans.


Stretch Marks? This question makes me sad.


Sleep? Still up at least 2 times a night to pee and I have some super crazy vivid dreams.


Best moment this week? Grant felt the baby kick!!! He felt it a little at the movies on Friday and then again on Saturday. I told him that he was kicking so he came over with his cold hands and put one on my belly. It sat there for a minute and just as he was saying that he didn't feel anything the baby kicked hard. It shocked Grant so much he pulled his hand away and had a look on his face like "WTF was that?!"


Food cravings? Nothing really.


Gender: Penis!


Labor signs? Thankfully, no.


Belly button, in or out?In, but it is starting to look funny.


What I miss? Ordering a drink at restaurants


What am I looking forward to? looking pregnant and not just fat


Weekly wisdom? I have to borrow one from Phil Collins here: There are two sides to every story.


Milestones: I saw my belly move when the baby kicked me!

No comments:

Post a Comment