Monday, February 22, 2010

Is That a Banana in Your Pocket or are You Just Happy to See Me?



Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid.

The baby is as big as a banana this week! I know what you are thinking. How the heck did we go from a cantaloupe to a banana?! Well I think it is because they were aiming more for length than volume.

How far along? 21 weeks and 1 day!


Weight Loss/Gain? I was at my starting weight exactly.


Maternity Clothes? Heck yes! Though I still haven't gotten another pair of pants. I just can't help it! I would rather spend my money on baby clothes instead!


Stretch Marks? Not one! (Anyone buying that?)


Sleep? I'm up 1-2 times a night to go to the bathroom. I toss and turn a lot but it isn't too bad. I was a stomach sleeper, so it is really hard to stay comfortable on my side.


Best moment this week? Baby Gap had a 40% off sale! Angie, Grant and I had SO much fun saving money on awesomely cute clothes!

Food cravings? Nothing really. I'm even sort of over my milk thing, but I think that is b/c all we have at home is skim and that just tastes like milk flavored water.


Gender: Penis!


Labor signs? Thankfully, no.


Belly button, in or out? Still an innie though the bottom of my piercing is now beginning to show, which is weird.


What I miss? I was really wanting a cold beer the other day.


What am I looking forward to? More constant kicks and movement and for Grant to be able to feel him on the outside.


Weekly wisdom? You can't reason with someone who has no reasoning skills.


Milestones: I'm beginning to feel the baby more, but not as much as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment