Sunday, April 25, 2010

30 Weeks!

So you don't get a fun picture comparison this week. Sorry dudes the baby is still a squash. Next week I will do the guy version picture comparison. But here is the 411 on what the little dude is up to:

The baby weighs about three and a half pounds and is 17 inches long. Since most full-term babies are between 20 and 22 inches long at 40 weeks' gestation, he will pack on more pounds than inches in the 10 weeks or so. It is starting to get a little crowded in there, but still has room to wiggle and roll and punch and kick.

About 16 fluid ounces of blood are flowing through the wall of the uterus to the site of the placenta, though my blood never mixes with the baby's blood. It is separated by the placental barrier which is a very thin wall. Water, nutrients and waste are exchanged across this barrier at a rate of 0.3 fluid ounces per second.

The baby's ears are sufficiently developed to hear and recognize my voice, the voices of other family members as well as familiar musical tunes.




How far along? 30 weeks!



Weight Loss/Gain? +10 1/2 pounds



Maternity Clothes? Yes indeed!



Stretch Marks? Dudes, for serious.



Sleep? Besides the 2 trips to the bathroom I toss and turn all night because I don't breath very well.



Best moment this week? Running all around town with Angie looking for light blue tissue paper.




Food cravings? Negatory.




Gender: Penis! And speaking of penises (or should that be Peni?) We have officially decided that baby will NOT be circumcised. We have been leaning that way for a while but after seeing this video we are certain there is no way we are doing that to our little dude.



Movement: At times it feels like he is trying to bust out of my belly Space Balls style.


Labor signs? Thankfully, no. There have been a lot of sources saying that I should have started feeling Braxton Hicks for some time, but if I have I haven't really noticed them.



Belly button, in or out? In, but I'm not sure how much longer it will stay like that. It has been feeling really sensitive this week and the idea of it popping out really freaks me out.



What I miss? Being able to stand for more than 5 minutes without my back sending waves of pain throughout my body.



What am I looking forward to? Our baby shower cookout!



Weekly wisdom? Don't worry be happy!



Milestones: 10 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment